We are a non-profit organization.
Since 2007, we have been carrying out modern educational programes for children aged 6-14, resembling university lectures and workshops, applying active teaching methods.
The topics of classes go beyond the school curriculum, and the teachers are academics, entrepreneurs, artists and other specialists.
We cooperate with more than a dozen higher education institutions, such as: Jagiellonian University, University of Warsaw, University of Wroclaw, University of Warmia and Mazury, AGH University of Science and Technology, Cracow University of Technology, Warsaw University of Technology, Academy of Special Education.
Our mission is to foster the children’s natural curiosity and develop their interests beyond the school education, enable them to follow their passions and explain the principles ruling the world, so that they can learn to act independently.
We want to educate as many children as possible, using modern methods. We believe that it is important to develop teaching methods on the basis of research, to make the children inquisitive and enable them to experiment on an on-going basis, also in schools.
For this reason, the fees for participation in our programs are the lowest possible, and do not cover the actual costs of their organization. All our initiatives need funding.
We treat the children seriously. We ask them about their interests, and include their answers in our programs (this is why most topics are formulated as questions). The scientists answer to the children’s questions, and the children undertake workshops in order to use in practice the knowledge they gain.
Our program is a well-thought-of cycle of classes, therefore, the children have an opportunity to discover what interests them most, and to train their scientific thinking.
- Academic program for students aged 6-13 – university classes
- Lessons’ scenarios for the primary schools’ teacher
- the oldest and the largest children’s university in Poland
- 4 centers: Warsaw, Cracow, Wroclaw, Olsztyn
- 6000 students aged 6-13
- 320 different classes a year (lectures and workshops at universities)
- 450 lecturers and scientists
- 8000 parents involved
- regular lecture sessions for parents
- 500 volunteers
- 10.000 teachers using our lesson scenarios on regular basis
- The 2014 Google RISE (Roots in Science and Engineering) Award
- The title „Regional Innovation and Development Leader 2012” in Małopolska region
- The 3rd place Discover e-volunteeringcompetition (2012)
- The title „Place where talents are discovered”, given by the Ministry of National Education in the school year 2010/11
- The title ” Volunteer-Friendly Organization”